Monday, February 16, 2009

LoveloveLoveloveLoveloveLoveloveLove

Hey Ya'll,

Sorry it has taken me so long to write. The internet has been down for awhile.This week we had the privelage of hearing from Dean Sherman. Our topic for the week was relationships. We learned so much about love and how relationships should be according to the Bible. Some of what he said was difficult for me to process in the sense that it was really different from what I had always thought about God and relationships. Here are a few quotes from the week:



"I can't love God, if I can't love people"



"Love is greater when it jumps over more barriers"



"Sinners are enemies of a holy God, and Jesus was always around sinners, therefore Jesus loved his enemies."



"The Cross=Love"



"Don't fight selfishness, replace it with holiness"



"Unity is simply corporate humility"



1 John 3:17-18"If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in Him?"-Love is practical, what you do dear children. Let us not love with words or tongue, but with actions and in truth.



"Love is a CHOICE more than it is a FEELING"



"Preaching the gospel needs to be done in a loving way , at a loving time, so that the gospel will be heard."


-We learned so much more this week about love and what loving people TRULY is, but it would be a lot to write. This Valentines day was also really good because the guys here put on a dinner for all the girls. We got to dress up and have a really nice time. I hope everything is going great at home. I love you all and am praying for you!

2 comments:

  1. Hali, Hali, Hali..."love the quotes"! Made me cry. What a powerful statement - "Unity is simply cooperate humility." I needed to hear these this morning. Thanks for posting. It was very timely for me. Keep running the race, sweetie. I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hali! I liked your idea so much with the blog that we decided to do one now too. Smart way to tell people what we've been really learning. Its much easier than emailing people every week!

    Anyway, I've just now set up the blog for our whole dts team. I hope people will make use of it! Maybe we should have an announcement in class to let people know...

    See ya later!

    ReplyDelete