Sunday, March 1, 2009

Pura Vida

Hey guys, sorry it has been so long, it has been an intense couple of weeks!
This week we were blessed to have Jerry Praetzel come and speak to us about healing and forgiveness. Not only did he give us some amazing new concepts and ensight; he also gave us an opportunity to confess past sins, and forgive past sins done against us. This was done in a very sensative and safe environment, before we did confess sins and forgave, we were in prayer and asking the Holy Spirit to convince us of what we needed to share. Also, we recieved a lot of teaching beforehand...I am explaining because I do not want it to come across like a chaotic time of sliming eachother with past sins.
Here are a few things that Jerry taught us:

"What sins we bury from the past, we don't bury dead, we bury those sins alive"

"God will not bring past sins up in your life that he will not redeem and take care of"

"God is more committed to you than things that come out of you, and he will do whatever it takes to get to you."

"You are are a LOUSY redeemer, give people in your life, and past and present sins to God: The Ultimate Redeemer"

"The enemy is not after just pain, it is what he wants you to become as a result of pain that he is after"

"Forgiveness means this person is no longer going to pay a price for what they have done to me"

"The blood of Jesus only covers, what I uncover"- I think I might have said this one before...but it is SO true!

This was just a little bit of what we learned about this week. We all went through a LOT of healing through confessing our sins, and really getting rid of the denial of those specific sin's effect on our lives. I'm sorry if some of this doesn't make sense, I am really tired right now! I love all of you, and I hope you are doing amazing!
-Hali

1 comment:

  1. I just realized that I missed this one while I was gone. I think we were talking about it from the Newark airport. I want to hear more so don't forget to share it with me if you would like. Great stuff! Keep pressing on my dear to the upward call of God in Christ Jesus! Yes, He is the great Redeemer! And HE makes all things new - this is what I kept hearing while in Israel. It was life changing for me. I love you!

    ReplyDelete