Saturday, April 11, 2009

Our Time Is Short

Hola from Colombia!

Sorry It has been so long since my last post; we have been super busy.
Colombia is amazing!
When we first stepped off the airplane onto Colombian soil I was immediately soaked from my own sweat. We drove about thirty minutes to the YWAM base, ate lunch, and had a short meeting. I´m not going to lie, I was pretty miserable. I was missing the Salem base, I felt like I had the flu, I had been use to weather of around sixty degrees, and I didn´t understand a lot of what was going on. I am pretty sure that my team mates were feeling a lot of the same feelings from looking at them.
My room is shared with four other girls and is possibly the hottest room in the house. Every night I wake up three or four times to go splash cold water on my face. Also, I share my bed with tiny black ants that thankfully do not bite...yet. The food here is delicious. We have been most blessed to only have a couple girls get sick from it. God has really been looking out for me because I have been doing great with the food.
Our ministry consist of the same sort of work every day. We go out in the mornings and perform a program for people around the town, and pray for them, and in the afternoon that is usually repeated. The heat is sometimes hard to handle, but it is definitely bareable. There is a cool breeze sent from heaven pretty consistently which makes the muggy air feel much better.
The people here are so accepting and excited to have us here... Many of them are giving me spanish lessons at night after we are done working.
Next week we will be going to the Island of Bocachica, so I most likely will not be able to get on the internet, or the week after that because we will be going to another village. I am really excited to see what God is going to do, and I thank each and everyone of you who is praying for our team. Please continue to do so! It is greatly needed!
I´m sorry if this is all in very bad or simple grammar, as a result of always having to speak in spanish my english has become really slow. I mean, not to say I am fluent in spanish by any means...it is just that my mind is slow right now.
I love you all and I miss you!
God bless.

5 comments:

  1. God bless all of your work there Hali. We will be praying for you and the rest of your team. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you will get used to the heat eventually. At least I hope so! God Bless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We serve an amazing God & I KNOW that HE is with you all! Ants, ants..."get out of Hali's bed." : ) This makes Costa Rica sound like a breeze!" I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola hali! soy pablo (el otro "harrell") jaja :) (tu hermano =P).
    Me gusto mucho la manera positiva en que ves todas las experiencias que estas viviendo, espero sigas viendo todo de la misma manera y que todo gire en torno a Dios.
    Espero tambiƩn que te acostumbres al calor de colombia :) y por supuesto! que me escribas.
    TEAMOmuchoOOoo!!!..Sister!!!!
    pablo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. its been a while since you wrote this, but I'll leave a comment anyways. ha
    I sure do miss you. I am so blown away by what this experience must be like- Mama Kim is right, it does make Costa Rica sound easy. I am still praying for you, Joanna! I can't wait to hear all your stories when you come home.. I am living in Charleston this summer! I officially got a job. It is a very good one too, I am going to make some real money for once, lol.
    I'll be back- expecting another post! haha
    I <3 u

    ReplyDelete