Saturday, January 17, 2009

Love.Worship.Obey.

Greetings ya'll!
Today was a really relaxing day. We had class from 9:30 to 12:30 and after that we had free time! A group of girls from our team decided that we would go to a Ukranian restraunt and eat, and then we would go the mall. It was really nice to be able to walk around and hang out.
We have been learning so much from class, and here are a few quotes we have been learning:

On Hearing God's Voice
"If your frustrations in your life serve their highest purpose, they will chase you into the throne room."

"When God speaks: Universes are created, stars are born, laws are put into motion, nations are created, angels hush, and so much more."

"However God chooses to speak to you, do NOT make Him shout."

"When we learn to hear from God ourselves it removes the middle man, so you hear exactly what God intended."

What Keeps Me From Hearing God
1.lack of recognition of God's voice
2. Sin (believing what I hold in my hand is more important than God)
3. Spiritual Warfare
4. God is silent
5. Our unwillingness to ask questions
6. Our unwillingness to wait

All For Christ
"Our question in life should not be "where will I go when I die?" but "who will I love while I'm alive?"

"I believe that God has called enough men and women to reach all of the unreached tribes of the earth. It is not God who does not call; it is men who do not respond."-Isobel Kuuhn (Missionary to China and Thailand)

"When you get closer to the heart of God you learn how to take up your cross and join the fellowship of suffering"

"Live your life so fully for God, that your life is useless for anything else."

"Missions exists, because worship doesn't"-John Piper

"God has not called us specifically to martydom, but he has called us to be a living sacrifice"

"Jesus is our DAILY bread; yesterday's quiet time is not going to get you through today's trials"

"A gift withough a heart behind it is a bribe. God asks for our heart, not our gifts." -Samuel Chadwic

"If a commission by a king is considered an honor, how can acommissioin by the heavenly King be considered a sacrifice?"-David Livingstone

Sorry if these quotes don't make sense, these were just some of the ones that I felt like should be put on here! I love you all, and miss you bunches!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting these! The Lord spoke to me, personally right away with the first one about frustrations...wow! This is so true & when they do I am so much better off. Also, the one about learning to hear from God ourselves... I want to copy this whole thing.
    The verse that I was talking to you about today that I heard in the shower is
    "It has given me great joy to find some of your children walking in the truth, just as the Father commanded us." II John 4
    I love you, honey. Thanks again for posting these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These quotes are amazing and speak in so many ways. I am jealous to not be sitting under amazing teachings everyday. :) I am glad all is well, and I will be keeping you and your new friends in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read all of your blog so far and cried like a baby. You are so young and so much more connected to what God wants for your life than any other person your age I have ever met. You are doing amazing so far! I can't wait to keep reading about what God is doing in your life and what He is doing through you daily! You are such an inspiration Hali!

    -Heather Evans

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Hali! I finally found your blogspot (OK so I'm a little slow) and want to thank you so much for the posts. I am proud of you for stepping out and taking such a bold step for jesus. You sound like you are having fun and learning alot. Know that we are praying for you and that we love you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just "knew" it would be the quote about reasons you don't hear God's voice that He'd choose to speak to me about! But the quote about quiet time with the Lord yesterday doesn't get you thru today's trials is what resonates. He is our DAILY bread...thank you for posting as you felt directed!!

    ReplyDelete